Tools and Resources
Maximus performs Pre-Admission Screening and Resident Review (PASRR) Level I screens and Level II evaluations on individuals who are applying to or residing in Medicaid-certified nursing homes. This federally mandated assessment process is used to determine whether the nursing home is the appropriate placement for individuals with mental illness, intellectual disabilities or developmental disabilities. PASRR functions as an essential method to help match individuals with the care and services they need. Ascend also performs nursing facility Level of Care Determinations for all Level II evaluations.
If your Agency/Nursing Facility/Hospital is interested in the completion of Preadmission Screening and Resident Review (PASRR) assessments via a telehealth solution, due to the current COVID-19 situation, please contact the TN PASRR Help Desk for more information: Ascend-TNPASRR@maximus.com | 833.617.2777
Are you a master's level clinician or Registered Nurse with behavioral health experience interested in working with our TN PASRR program? Contact our Recruiting team to learn more: Recruiting@maximus.com
7:30 am - 4:30 pm CST, M-F
- TN PASRR Quarterly Provider Newsletter: Best Practice Tips | Web Browser Support Changes
For the TN PASRR Quarterly Provider Newsletter, we've gathered some helpful guidance for the state's provider community. Please read on below for some important updates, including a notice about a 30-day PASRR suspension period, best practice tips regarding required assessment documents, a reminder about the program's updated Help Desk phone number, new online training resources, and information about the Healthcare Worker Help Line. Also included are details on a change coming to the TN PASRR system's internet browser support.
PROGRAM UPDATE: State to Halt PASRR Assessments for 30 Days
Assistant Deputy Chief, LTSS Operations, Kristeena Wilson, announced a decision by TennCare to implement a 30-day PASRR suspension period - which will commence today, December 22nd and terminate on Thursday, January 21st. PASRR processes must resume with full adherence to federal PASRR processes on, or before that date.
Click here to review the press release.
BEST PRACTICES: Assessment Tips & Reminders
- Be sure to include all supporting documentation when submitting a Level I. This includes:
- H&P (within a year)
- Current Medication list or MAR
- Physician Attestation
- Other medical documentation to support the condition for which they are admitting the to the facility.
2. Please note that the TN PASRR Help Desk phone number has changed to:
3. Several new training resources were added to the TN PASRR Provider Tools & Resources site this week. Look for these new educational materials under the Education and Training subheader.
4. Need to talk to someone about feelings of stress, anxiety, sadness, or depression related to work? The COVID-19 Emotional Support Line for healthcare workers can help. Call 888.642.7886 - call takers are available from 6 a.m. - 10 p.m. (CT), and 7 a.m. - 11 p.m. (ET) each day.
IT UPDATE: Support Change for Internet Explorer & Firefox
Beginning January 1st, Maximus support for Internet Explorer and Firefox in the TN PASRR system will no longer be offered. Moving forward, user browser support will be supported for one of the two most recent versions of the following browsers: Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome. This change reflects a focus on browsers which provide optimum system performance and usage.
SUPPORT: Contact the TN PASRR Help Desk
Have questions about an assessment? Contact the TN PASRR Help Desk:
Ascend-TNPASRR@maximus.com | 833.617.2777
- Information Regarding Telehealth PASRR Assessments
If your Agency/Nursing Facility/Hospital is interested in the completion of needed Preadmission Screening and Resident Review (PASRR) assessments via a telehealth solution, due to the current COVID-19 situation, please contact the TN PASRR Help Desk for more information: Ascend-TNPASRR@maximus.com | 813.617.2777
Guides & Forms
Education & Training
- TN PASRR Trainings Series: PASRR 101 (register to view, when prompted)
- TN PASRR Trainings Series: Level of Care and Payer Source 101 (register to view, when prompted)
- TN PASRR Trainings Series: Hospital Exemption and Categorical Determinations and Status Changes (register to view, when prompted)
- TN PASRR Trainings Series: Safety Determinations, ERC, and Skilled Services (register to view, when prompted)