Tools and Resources
Maximus has been contracted to partner with the State of Maine's Department of Health and Human Services to administer Preadmission Screening and Resident Review (PASRR) Assessments.
Are you a licensed Behavioral Health Clinician or Registered Nurse with behavioral health experience interested in working as an assessor with the ME PASRR program? Contact our Recruiting team to learn more: Recruiting@maximus.com
How To Access Secure Resources Below:
You may notice that some of the content below is password-protected, indicated by a small "lock" icon next to the file link. To access these items, follow these steps:
- Click on the link, which will prompt a login screen
- Enter your current user login name and current password
- Proceed with reviewing your document
*You will only need to log in once per web session to view all secured program content.
AssessmentPro Tip: Remember to click the claim button to complete the ServiceMatters form. If you fail to claim the review, you will be able to view the form with no ability to edit and complete it.
- Maine ASA - Quarterly Provider Newsletter: Review AssessmentPro Uploading Tips | Supporting Documentation List Reminders
In this latest edition of the Maine ASA Quarterly Newsletter we cover a few important topics that providers across the state may find useful. These include some AssessmentPro tips on uploading files to the system, as well as some important best practice reminders on the submission of all necessary supporting documentation and a tip about the PASRR referral form.
ASSESSMENTPRO TIP: Uploading Files Directly to the System
AssessmentPro simplifies the submission process, making uploading both easier and faster than faxing. A few advantages of direct system submission of supporting documentation include:
- Immediate receipt confirmation
The moment you upload, you can see the documents on the individual's assessment record. This allows you to confirm receipt of those materials by Maximus in real time.
- Speed up the process
Documents get to Maximus more quickly, reducing delays for you and the individuals you're serving.
- Avoid potential fax issues
Direct system upload allows AssessmentPro users to avoid any potential issues with fax receipt or document clarity. If a fax line goes down, users who upload do not experience any delays. Uploaded documents do not have distorted text, which can potentially occur with a fax.
BEST PRACTICE: Submitting Referral Documentation
Providing all appropriate documentation at the time of each referral can help to ensure a speedy assessment process and also reduce the number of potential call-backs your staff may receive from the assessor requesting additional information.
For a facility assessment, the following documentation will be needed:
- Face Sheet
- Guardianship/POA documentation
- History & Physical and/or Discharge Summary
- Current MD orders
- MD progress notes for last 72hours (as available)
- Nurses Notes for the last 72hrs (as available)
- Active Medication Summary-include date/time prn's received in the for the last 7 days (for example sliding scale insulin)
- Initial Therapy evaluation (PT, OT, ST)
- If currently receiving therapy Progress notes for last 3 visits
- Treatment Administration records for the last 7 days (include oxygen, wound care, tube feedings, IV's)
Nursing Facilities, please include this additional documentation:
- Activities of daily living (ADL) flow sheets for the last 7 days
Interview Reminder: The assessor will also ask to speak with a staff member who is familiar with the individual's care needs, in addition to speaking with the individual being assessed.
REMINDER: Maine ASA Site - Fax Form for PASRR Referral Only
In recent months, some MED referrals have been mistakenly submitted using the Fax referral form linked on the Maine ASA site, found under the Resources header. This specific form is intended for PASRR referral submissions only.
SUPPORT: Your Maine ASA Resources
Referral & General Questions: 833.525.5784
Fax a Referral: 844.356.7500
Fax PASRR Materials: 877.431.9568
Email Referrals: Maine-ASA@maximus.com
- Immediate receipt confirmation